1. Buy a quirky cookie jar from a thrift store and fill with homemade treats.
2. Add studs, stitching or buttons to a vintage clutch or thrifted sweater.
3. If you're artistically inclined, paint or draw a custom piece that has special meaning.
4. Make some delicious candy, place in pretty packaging and present with a handmade card.
5. Find a unique vase at a thrift store to house a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers.
6. Sew something simple like a potholder or tote with cute recycled fabric.
7. Knit a scarf or some other cool yarn creation.
8. Curate a collection of kitschy vintage mugs and give with a pound of coffee to the caffeine-addict(s) in your life.
9. Customize a cheap knit cap with a bow or fabric flower.
10. Has your sister or best friend repeatedly professed love for a garment you own? Give it to her!
11. Find an interesting old tin and put a vintage necklace or watch inside.
12. Serenade your sweetheart with a mixed CD of thoughtfully selected tracks. Bonus points for original sleeve artwork!
I know this list is pretty limited in scope, but hopefully there's something here to inspire anyone who is strapped for cash this season. Chances are, if you're excited to give it, they will be excited to receive it! Happy, happy holidays!